Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hello Again, Colorado.

Oh, hi, peoples.

So my sister and I have now spent a full week in the beautiful state of Colorado!

Denver, CO from the sky.
I am a little behind on the blog posting, but no worries. I am on top of it once again, and I will make the lack of my productivity up to you.  Every other day, I will be updating my blog throughout the trip, and every other week, I will have a new video capturing our adventures on my Youtube channel!

Colorado is stunning. When I was younger, my family would travel here often, but I haven't been here since 2008. I forgot just how wonderful it is.

Our flight left Atlanta Saturday, June 13th at 7:15 AM.

We stayed at our cousin's Friday night so we wouldn't have to wake up at 1 AM to make it to our flight the next morning. I hadn't been to our cousin's in a bit, so it was great to have a short visit with her and her cute little animals.

My cousin's babies. Instagram: @talesoftiffanylove
Mom and our cousin dropped Hannah and I at the airport at 5:45. We didn't check any luggage (packing for three and a half weeks in a carry-on guide is on the way), and we were able to make it through security by 6:25.

 Y'all, it was insane. Security has never been so easy. They have simplified the usually-dreaded process. You no longer have to remove your shoes, electronics, or liquids in your little 1 quart baggy. You just throw your luggage on the conveyer belt and walk through the passage way that no longer beeps at you because you forgot to take off your earrings. Getting in and out of security was a breeze. Well done, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Well done.

When we got to our gate, I noticed the screen behind the desk said "Flight #not-our-flight to Philadelphia." Immediately, I brought it to Hannah's attention. As she contacted Mom to see if she had been informed of changes to our flight, I ran up to the receptionist. Thankfully, the gates had just been switched around, and our flight would be boarding in the same area a few gates down. Once we were settled, we grabbed a bag of pretzels, fruit, water, and gum, and prepared to board.

The flight was great. We sat next to a guy who was our age and had been visiting his friends at University of North Georgia (woot woot!) and basically just slept/listened to his music all three hours.
Flying Frontier Airlines was a wonderful experience.
This was my first time flying in seven years, and it could not have been a better experience. When I was younger, flying freaked me out. This time around, I was older, knew what to expect, and understood how to better prepare and handle my anxiety in a situation like this. (If you want to see my flying tips for anxious humans like myself, just let me know!) I also got some fantastic shots above the clouds.

Hannah napping on the shuttle.
Once we arrived in Denver, we took a shuttle to meet our Aunt in Cheyenne, and she took us to Steamboat Springs! In two weeks, it has been a year since Dad moved to Colorado. Seeing him was so fantastic! Hannah and I surprised him before he got off work when we arrived. It was great, and I caught it all on video. After exploring a bit, we were exhausted and made a necessary Starbucks stop.

After traveling all day, I was thankful for Starbucks' Existence. 
To celebrate the reunion, we had dinner at this great place called Rex's (restaurant review coming soon) and enjoyed the beautiful Alpine Glow on the ski mountain. The day could not have ended more perfectly.

Left: Hannah & Aunt Lisa, Right: Dad & I

A photo posted by Tiffany Love (@talesoftiffanylove) on

I am so happy I get to spend this time with my Dad and sister. I have missed him terribly, and I am super excited for the upcoming weeks. Make sure to check back here every other day so you don't miss a thing!


xx.Tiffany


1 comment: