Monday, May 11, 2015

The House That Built Me.

A  good picture really is worth a thousand words.
We hadn't been to our old house in four years. I know that doesn't seem like a long time, but a lot has changed since 2011. The last time we were there, I was graduating high school. Since then, the house has been foreclosed on, my parents have divorced, I started college, my Dad moved to Colorado, my Mom opened her own store, and my sister's high school graduation is just two weeks away.

Last week, I had the honor of taking her Senior photos. Honestly, I was stressing about the task. I wanted her photos to be the best I had ever taken. I mean, she is my sister and best friend. I wanted to take photos that truly captured her genuine, sweet, happy, and just plain beautiful heart.

Happy girl.
On top of that, I wanted to be able to find a location that would contain meaning and really add something special to the photos. I do that for every person I photograph, but for Hannah, it was on a whole new level.

Even though we moved a decent amount growing up, we always stayed in the same area. We grew up around a golf course, so I thought we could take some photos in that area. We started there. After taking some super cute "traditional" shots, I told Hannah we should drive to our old house and take a few shots around the property.

Blue-Eyed.





When we arrived, the front door was wide open.

We were able to do nearly all of her Senior photos in the place she spent most of her young life.

This was the house she lived in from kindergarten through eighth grade. The house we lived in for eight years. That was the longest we had been anywhere. So much happened at this place. Things that would change us and grow us to be who we are today. To have the opportunity to take these photos of her at a time where everything is completely changing in her life was everything I could have hoped for and more. It gave her a chance to say "goodbye" all why I documented it.

(I might have snuck in a quick photo for myself while I was at it.)

Me in my old room.

Did we trespass? Possibly. Was it worth it? You have no idea.


See more of Hannah's Senior Photos here.
**More photos coming soon.


xx.Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment