Monday, May 11, 2015

It's A... {My First Gender Reveal Shoot}


This past week, I was able to photograph my very first Gender Reveal Shoot, and it was wonderful! Haley and Anthony were so fun to work with, and I am ridiculously excited they allowed me to be a part of this memorable day. I thought that I would share some of my favorite shots with you peoples. To see these and more, check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128719147@N07/albums




I love love love how they announced the gender of their first baby! The parents found out Wednesday morning, then ran to the store straight after to get the appropriate colored silly string. Seeing their families' responses with pink silly string flying all around was too precious.







I don't know why, but this shot cracks me up. I think it is how the silly string can is so delicately placed.. I don't know, but it does look nice.


The parents have their own garden in the back yard, and after spraying the silly string, a few strands landed on their Kale. I thought it would be nifty to capture this part of their lives blending with the newest addition of a little girl.

The parents own (I forgot how many) cats, and this one in the photograph is their newest member. As I was taking photos of the framed ultrasound, he came over and kept getting in my shots. I decided to just include him. It makes me happy because their cat is the baby of the family now, but won't be for long. This is like their family's version of the "sibling" photo.
 The love between this grandfather and grandson was precious.  I was able to capture so many beautiful moments that day, and this one is definitely one of my favorites.

I am not entirely sure how she got that much silly string on her head. I am sure her brother played a part in that.


I am fond of this shot, too. The first moment the soon-to-be Grandmothers came together to celebrate their first granddaughter.



Haley's nephew fell and hurt his leg in all the commotion and didn't get to spray the silly string. After the initial excitement, they let him spray just the two of them to celebrate.



Note to Future Tiffany: When looking at ultrasound photos of the parents-who-hired-you-as-a-photographer's future child, don't yell out loud, "Oh! She looks the guy from the painting, The Scream! :D" no matter how awesome and true it may be. Awkward silence may follow.



Congratulations, Haley and Anthony. Thank you for letting me be a part of this special day.



xx.Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment