Friday, February 13, 2015

Boscia Skincare: Bestsellers Review

boscia skincare review bestsellers makeup breakup cool cleansing gel konjac sponge charcoal aluminizing black mask photography beauty


Hello, world!

I have returned, and I am talking about Boscia skincare products. I am in the process of finding a skincare routine that really works for me, and through digging through Boscia's bestsellers, I think I have found some new favorites.

According to my research via the internet, Boscia (pronounced Bō-sha) originated in Japan in 1979 by Kenji Ikemori. Inspired by his wife's struggle with red, blotchy skin, Ikemori wanted to design products with no preservatives or chemicals that would be entirely natural and actually heal the skin. In 2002, the brand was introduced in the United States and has taken off ever since. Boscia is the world's first 100% preservative skincare brand.

Products tested:

- Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser

- Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel

- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask


- Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

- Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge With Bamboo Charcoal


Before we get into my reviews, let me tell you about what I know about my skin at the moment. I have pale, sensitive, combination dry/oily skin that is red and covered in cystic acne. I am not a skincare expert by ANY means, but I can tell you when my skin likes something.

1. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

 I was excited about this one just because I had heard so many good things about the product before purchasing it. I have tried it a few times now, and for my skin, it really is just too much. It caused more redness, dryness, and acne than any other mask I have used. That could be because it just does its job too well? I don't know. I'm sure that is what's happening just because there are so many raving reviews, but for me and my cystic acne, it really was too much.


boscia skincare review bestsellers makeup breakup cool cleansing gel konjac sponge charcoal aluminizing black mask photography beauty


2. Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

 This stuff is fantastic, and a little bit goes a long way. It is a gentle makeup remover that is quick and simple. I have used it for a little over a month every time I wear makeup, and my skin has had zero problems with it. It is definitely worth the price, and I will be re-purchasing this as soon as I run out.



boscia skincare review bestsellers makeup breakup cool cleansing gel konjac sponge charcoal aluminizing black mask photography beauty


3&4. Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser & Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel

 I grouped these two together simply because they were both sample sizes. I was able to get two uses out of each sample, which is enough for a solid first impression. 
They were both okay cleansers, but I was not blown away by either one. 

 The Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel is supposed to break down makeup with no problems, but it definitely failed that test. It would make an okay morning cleanser for someone with oily skin probably. After using, it dried out my skin worse than a winter storm. I also disliked the smell. It's subtle enough that if the product was better, I could overlook it. I'm just not a big fan of rose-scented anything. 

 I guess Boscia Cleansers and I just don't mix. I personally enjoy First Aid Beauty's Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay more than Boscia's Detoxifying Black Cleanser for a regular cleanser. I would recommend the Black Cleanser as something used more like once a week than a regular basis, if at all. I just was not happy with this either... especially for the price.

5. Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge With Bamboo Charcoal

 I genuinely thought this thing was some sort of ploy when I heard about it, but I kept reading reviews and looked more into the science of it and thought why not give it a try. I'm glad I did. This has made the biggest difference in my skin in the past month. Slowly but surely I am making progress in clearing up my acne, and the Konjac Cleansing Sponge is making a huge impact in that progress. When dry, the sponge is rock hard. Don't let that freak you out. Just add hot water, and you are good to go! If you would like to see a video on how to correctly use the Boscia sponges, let me know. I will be re-purchasing this in the near future. 



boscia skincare review bestsellers makeup breakup cool cleansing gel konjac sponge charcoal aluminizing black mask photography beauty

boscia skincare review bestsellers makeup breakup cool cleansing gel konjac sponge charcoal aluminizing black mask photography beauty


boscia skincare review bestsellers makeup breakup cool cleansing gel konjac sponge charcoal aluminizing black mask photography beauty

boscia skincare review bestsellers makeup breakup cool cleansing gel konjac sponge charcoal aluminizing black mask photography beauty


 What is your experience with Boscia products? Any recommendations or personal favorites? Let me know below! 


xx.Tiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment