Monday, January 5, 2015

Kisses on Riverstreet.

Our first official day in Savannah, Georgia, half of the group decided to get up and go check out the infamous River Street.

savanna georgia river street historical history architecture old building


Once cotton warehouses of the 1800's, these beautiful, historic buildings line the Savannah River transporting you to another time. I honestly felt like I was somewhere in Europe. The cobblestone
streets made me want to run down them singing, and the aged brick filled my heart with happiness. I wanted to just grab a sketch pad or paint brush and attempt capturing the beauty around me. It was picturesque. 

savanna georgia river street historical history architecture old building sweetsAll the buildings have been restored into shops and restaurants, drawing in thousands each weekend. We stopped for lunch at Tubby's, and at first glance, I was afraid it was going to be crazy expensive, but it was actually decently prices. That was actually the case for everywhere we went that weekend. Surprisingly affordable. I got the Po Boy, and three weeks later, I still dream of it. It was the most fantastic fish sandwich I have ever had and only like eight bucks. My mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

After grabbing lunch, we just walked around the area. We didn't go into any of the shops, but we did go into Riverstreet Sweets. Oh my goodness. It was Heaven. Walking inside was how I imagined a Willy Wonka Candy store
savanna georgia river street historical history architecture old building sweetswhen I read the book. Precious is the one word I would use to describe the location. They gave everyone entering free samples of their famous Pralines and woo! I'd never had praline before, but that sample made me want to become an addict. Ashley gave me one of her truffles she bought, and that was just wonderful. Ooh. At one point, a bird even flew in the doorway and nearly hit an elderly lady walking inside.. It was full of excitement. What I am trying to say is... Go to Riverstreet Sweets.

savanna georgia river street historical history architecture old building love kisses kiss kissing
I mentioned how picturesque this place was earlier. I didn't have my camera all weekend, (I don't want to talk about it) but I did I have my iPhone so I was able
to grab a few pictures to capture my favorite memories.. Including Tim and I trying to take a cute, normal couple photo in the middle of the street but panicking which resulted in an actually rather adorable photo of me kissing his cheek because I was giving up in any chance of us taking a good photo. -Insert gagging noises here- 






No comments:

Post a Comment