Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Going the Second Mile by Running Thirteen.

 The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon is the reason we all went to Savannah, so I feel it deserves a post.

 With that said, it will be a short post
savanna georgia running run marathon half rock n roll rock and roll friends proud success finish line
because my only experience with the run is through Timothy's journey and me showing up at the end of the race to cheer on Dana and him.

 Tim's friend, Thomas, told him about the marathon in February 2014. He expected a big group I commit to it, so he was totally in for the experience. He was also excited to run for World Visions. It ended up just being him and Dana who signed up from the group, but when he commits to something, he always follows through so for the next few months he had a new hobby. 

 He started training three to four months before the race. He had never ran in any kind of race before in his life so this was definitely a new experience for him. By the end of it, he was a regular running machine. Well, that's my opinion. He hated every last bit of it in the moment.

 His only goal for he race was to finish under two hours, and he did it! He finished in 1:59 and placed 934 out of 15,000. He was exhausted, and I was quite proud. 

 Their team of seventeen raised $3,000, all which went towards building wells in Africa. 

 Following the race, Tim said he would never do that again. I just asked him as I type this a few months later, and he is down. I guess we will see what happens next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment