Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Thank you, Robin Williams.

I am heartbroken.

I honestly did not believe it when I saw something saying Robin Williams had passed.

He is one of the first actors I remember watching & one of the first people to impact and inspire me in the way he did. 

He made me feel like no dream was too big and no thought was too small. He made me realize you can be an adult but still have the joy and fun of a child. He taught me to create a silver lining even when there was nothing but grey skies ahead. He showed me that I am worth being loved and supported and should not waste my time on those who do the opposite. He was someone that encouraged me to pursue my creative loves. He did all this, and I never even knew him.

Throughout the years, any movie or interview I ever saw him in just made me love him more & aspire to be like him... putting smiles on people's faces, encouraging all through the roles he performed, turning darkness into light and helping people get through whatever terrible times they were facing. 

When I was four or five, I was super sick. I don't remember what I had. I just remember lying on the couch with my mom, eating Chicken Noodle Soup, and my dad running out to pick up my medicine and "Flubber" on VHS. I watched that movie non-stop for like a month. I basically had no idea what was even going on at the time, but he made me laugh. 

He has always been able to crack me up, but he also makes me bawl. He had the ability to connect with audiences in amazing ways. He wasn't just a big goofball, but a sweet and loving man. His huge heart shined through every performance. He could take a comedy and make it be something so much more meaningful and real than any director or writer could have ever intended. Robin Williams had a gift. He was genius.

Thank you RIP Robin Williams appreciation

And now he is gone.

I really can't wrap my mind around it, and I am currently in this place of denial. I am so sorry that his family (and the world) lost such an amazing man. I never understood how it was possible to be so upset and shocked over someone's death that you hadn't even met until now.

He may have been a celebrity who could basically have anything he ever wanted, but that doesn't mean he was not human. If anything comes from this loss, I hope that people will see and understand that everyone is dealing with something. Just because it appears someone has it all, has everything figured out, or is loved by millions, does not mean that they are not struggling with their own demons. 

Depression is real, and it sucks. I HATE he had to fight this. I HATE that he struggled. & I HATE that he is gone. If you are going through it, please, reach out to someone. I guarantee you there is at least one person who will listen. It may not make everything better, but I promise you, it helps. It does not have to end the way it did for him.

Also, for those who are struggling with depression, learn from him. Do what he did for so many years and turn that darkness that is constantly surrounding you into light. Create something beautiful out of the disgusting mess. It is difficult but not impossible.

Thank you so much, Robin Williams, for filling the world with your love and laughter. You inspired us all. I am so sorry you had to experience Hell on Earth, but as I saw a friend of mine on Facebook write: ".. he is now entertaining the angels." I hate this is how you found it, but I am thankful you are finally at peace. You are dearly, dearly missed.

I am linking a few websites down below to people that you can contact if you feel hopeless, discouraged or just want a person to talk to.. This does not have to be the end:




xx.Tiffany



1 comment:

  1. He really was a great actor!
    RIP

    http://www.thetouristoflife.com

    ReplyDelete